Weed Resistance Management Field Day
Tuscola, Ill. (July 24):
Field tours will showcase research and demonstration plots, as well as present educational information on strategies to combat the continued evolution of herbicide-resistant weeds. Speakers will include Aaron Hager from University of Illinois; Bryan Young from Southern Illinois University, and Larry Steckel from University of Tennessee.
- Soil-residual herbicides applied before planting and/or after corn and soybean emergence
- Additive type and selection with postemergence herbicides applied with or without glyphosate
- New herbicide-resistance traits in corn and soybeans that allow utilization of chemistries with alternative sites of action
- Appropriate application and uses of Liberty® herbicide in LibertyLink® crops
- Historical perspectives of herbicide resistance and what to expect in the short- and long-term.
The day will conclude with an On Target Application Academy by Bob Wolf from Kansas State University who will demonstrate the proper techniques for applying herbicides to new and future traits in corn and soybeans.
Aaron Hager, University of Illinois
Bryan Young, Southern Illinois University
Larry Steckel, University of Tennessee
Bob Wolf, Wolf Consulting