BELT SC Insecticide is physically and biologically compatible with many registered pesticides and fertilizers or micronutrients. When considering mixing BELT SC Insecticide with other pesticides, or other additives, first contact your supplier for advice. For further information, contact your local Bayer Representative. If you have no experience with the combination you are considering, you should conduct a test to determine physical
compatibility. To determine physical compatibility, add the recommended proportions of each chemical with the same proportion of water, as will be present in the chemical supply tank, into a suitable container, mix thoroughly and allow to stand for five minutes. If the combination remains mixed, or can be readily re-mixed, the mixture is considered physically compatible.
PPE required for early entry to treated areas that is permitted under the Worker Protection Standard and that involves contact with anything that has been treated such as plants, soil or water, is: coveralls, chemical-resistant gloves such as barrier laminate, butyl rubber, nitrile rubber, or viton, and shoes plus socks.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
Applicators and other handlers must wear:
- Long-sleeved shirt and long pants
- Chemical-resistant gloves (such as Natural Rubber). If you want more options, follow the instructions for Category A on the EPA chemical-resistance category selection chart.
- Shoes plus socks
Follow manufacturer's instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry. Discard clothing and other absorbent materials that have been drenched or heavily contaminated with this product's concentrate. Do not reuse them.
BELT SC Insecticide may be used with other recommended pesticides, fertilizers and micronutrients. The proper mixing procedure for BELT SC Insecticide alone or in tank mix combinations with other pesticides is:
1) Fill the spray tank 1/4 to 1/3 full with clean water;
2) While recirculating and with the agitator running, add any products in PVA bags (See Note). Allow time for thorough mixing;
3) Continue to fill spray tank with water until 1/2 full;
4) Add any other wettable powder (WP) or water dispersible granule (WG) products;
5) Add the required amount of BELT SC Insecticide, and any other "flowable" (FL or SC) type products;
6) Allow enough time for thorough mixing of each product added to tank;
7) If applicable, add any remaining tank mix components: emulsifiable concentrates (EC), fertilizers and micronutrients.
8) Fill spray tank to desired level and maintain constant agitation to ensure uniformity of spray mixture.
NOTE: Do not use PVA packets in a tank mix with products that contain boron or release free chlorine. The resultant reaction of PVA and boron or free chlorine is a plastic that is not soluble in water or solvents.