Use & Mixing
The instructions for use and mixing described below are from the Environmental Protection Agency approved Federal Label. Please click on 'Labels / MSDS' in the left hand navigation for special or state label instructions. Always read and follow label instructions.
Rely 280 Herbicide
- Mix Rely(R) 280 with water to make a finished spray solution as follows:
1. Fill the spray tank half full with water.
2. Start agitation.
3. If mixing with a flowable/wettable powder tank mix partner. Prepare a slurry of the proper amount of the product in a small amount of water. Add the slurry to the spray tank
4. Add the appropriate amount of ammonium sulfate (AMS) to the spray tank.
5. If mixing with a liquid tank mix partner, add the liquid mix partner next.
6. Complete filling the spray tank with water.
7. Add the proper amount of Rely(R) 280 and continue agitation.
8. If foaming occurs, use a silicone-based antifoam agent.
Ensure that all spray system lines including pipes, booms, etc. have the correct concentration of spray solution by flushing out the spray system lines before starting the crop application.
If tank mix partners recommended on this label are added, maintain good agitation at all times until contents of the tank are sprayed. If the spray mixture is allowed to settle, thorough agitation is required to resuspend the mixture before spraying is resumed. Keep bypass line on or near bottom of tank to minimize foaming. Screen size in nozzles or line strainers must be 50 mesh or larger.
- Reentry PPE
- PPE required for early entry to treated areas that is permitted under the Worker Protection Standard and that involves contact with anything that has been treated, such as plants, soil, or water, is: coveralls worn over short-sleeved shirt and short pants; chemical resistant gloves such as barrier laminate, butyl rubber >= 14 mils, nitrile rubber >= 14 mils, neoprene rubber >= 14 mils, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) >= 14 mils, or Viton(R) >= 14 mils; chemical resistant footwear plus socks; protective eyewear (goggles, face shield or safety glasses).
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Some materials that are chemical-resistant to this product are listed below. If you want more options, follow the instructions for category C on an EPA chemical resistance category selection chart.
Applicators and other handlers must wear:
Coveralls worn over short-sleeved shirt and short pants; chemical-resistant gloves such as barrier laminate, butyl rubber >= 14 mils, nitrile rubber >14 mils, neoprene rubber >= 14 mils, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) >= 14 mils, or Viton(R) >14 mils; chemical resistant footwear plus socks; protective eyewear (goggles, face shield or safety glasses). Wear a chemical resistant apron when mixing/loading and cleaning equipment.
Discard clothing and other absorbent materials that have been drenched or heavily contaminated with this product's concentrate. Do not reuse them. Follow manufacturer's instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
Mixers/loaders supporting aerial applications must wear a dust/mist filtering respirator (MSHA/NIOSH approval number prefix TC-21C), or a NIOSH approved respirator with any N, R, P or HE filter.
- Tank Mix
- COMPATIBILITY TESTING
If Rely(R) 280 is to be mixed with pesticide products not listed on this label, test the compatibility of the intended tank mixture prior to mixing the products in the spray tank. The following procedure assumes a spray volume of 25 gallons per acre. For other spray volumes, adjust the amount of the water used accordingly. Check compatibility as follows:
1. Place 1.0 pint of water from the source that will be used to prepare the spray solution in a clear 1-quart jar.
2. For each pound of a dry tank mix partner to be applied per acre, add 1.5 teaspoons to the jar.
3. For each 16 fl oz of a liquid tank mix partner to be applied per acre, add 0.5 teaspoon to the jar.
4. For each 16 fl oz of Rely(R) 280 to be applied per acre, add 0.5 teaspoon to the jar.
5. After adding all the ingredients, place a lid on the jar and tighten. Invert 10 times to mix.
6. Let the mixture stand for 15 minutes, and evaluate the solution for uniformity and stability. Look for separation, large flakes, precipitates, gels, heavy oily film on the jar, or other signs of incompatibility. If the tank mix partners are not compatible, do not use the mixture in a spray tank.
7. After compatibility testing is complete, dispose of any pesticide wastes in accordance with the Storage and Disposal section of this label.
Tank Mix Recommendations: Rely(R) 280 may be applied in tank mix combinations with labeled rates of other products provided these other products are labeled for the timing and method of application for the crop to be treated. The tank mix partner must be used in accordance with the label limitations and precautions. No label dosage rates may be exceeded. Rely(R) 280 cannot be mixed with any product containing a label prohibition against such mixing. Refer to the specific crop section for rate recommendations and other restrictions.
Rely(R) 280 must be applied with properly calibrated and clean equipment. Rely(R) 280 is formulated to mix readily in water. Prior to adding Rely(R) 280 to the spray tank, ensure that the spray tank is thoroughly clean, particularly if a herbicide with the potential to injure crops was previously used (see Cleaning Instructions).
Always read and follow label instructions. Not all products are registered for use in every state. Please check with Bayer CropScience or your local Lead State Agency for product registration status. If you wish to find out if a product is registered in your state or for additional product information, send us an email
or call 1-866-99-BAYER.