Use & Mixing
The instructions for use and mixing described below are from the Environmental Protection Agency approved Federal Label. Please click on 'Labels / MSDS' in the left hand navigation for special or state label instructions. Always read and follow label instructions.
- Mixing Procedures
Prepare no more spray mixture than is needed for the immediate operation. Thoroughly clean spray equipment before using this product. Vigorous agitation is necessary for proper dispersal of the product. Maintain maximum agitation throughout the spraying operation. Do not let the spray mixture stand overnight in the spray tank. Flush the spray equipment thoroughly following each use and apply the rinsate to a previously treated area.
Stratego Fungicide(R) Alone: Add 1/2 of the required amount of water to the spray tank and start the agitator. Add the proper amount of Stratego(R) and then add the rest of the water. Begin application of the solution when the Stratego(R) has completely dispersed in the mix water. Maintain agitation until all of the mixture has been applied.
- Reentry PPE
- PPE required for early entry to treated areas that is permitted under the Worker Protection Standard and that involves contact with anything that has been treated, such as plants, soil, or water is:
- Coveralls over long-sleeved shirt and long pants
- Chemical-resistant gloves made of waterproof material
- Socks and chemical-resistant footwear
- Protective Eyewear
- Applicators and other handlers must wear:
- Long-sleeved shirt and long pants
- Shoes plus socks
- Protective Eyewear
- Tank Mix
- Stratego Fungicide(R) + Tank Mixtures: Add 1/2 of the required amount of water to the spray tank and start the agitator. In general, add tank mix partners in this order: products packaged in water-soluble packaging, wettable powders, and water-dispersible granular products first, next liquid flowables, then emulsifiable concentrates, such as Stratego Fungicide(R), and last, liquid soluble products. Always allow each tank mix partner to become fully dispersed before adding the next product. Continue to provide agitation while adding the remainder of the water. Maintain agitation until all of the mixture has been applied.
Note: When using Stratego Fungicide(R) in tank mixtures, all products in water-soluble packaging should be added to the tank before any other tank mix partner, including Stratego Fungicide(R). Allow the water-soluble packaging to completely dissolve and the product(s) to completely disperse before adding any other tank mix partner to the tank.
If using Stratego Fungicide(R) in a tank mixture, observe all directions for use, crop/sites, use rates, dilution ratios, precautions, and limitations which appear on the tank mix product label. No label dosage rate should be exceeded, and the most restrictive label precautions and limitations should be followed. This product should not be mixed with any product which prohibits such mixing. Tank mixtures, or other applications of products referenced on this label, are permitted only in those states in which the referenced products are labeled.
Stratego Fungicide(R) is compatible with most insecticide, fungicide, and foliar nutrient products. However, the physical compatibility of Stratego(R) with tank mix partners should be tested before use. To determine the physical compatibility of Stratego Fungicide(R) with other products, use a jar test, as described below.
Using a quart jar, add the proportionate amounts of the products to 1 qt. of water. Add wettable powders and water-dispersible granular products first, next liquid flowables, then emulsifiable concentrates, such as Stratego Fungicide(R), and last, liquid soluble products. After thoroughly mixing, let stand for at least 5 minutes. If the combination remains mixed or can be remixed readily, it is probably physically compatible. Once compatibility has been proven, use the same procedure for adding required ingredients to the spray tank.
THE CROP SAFETY OF ALL POTENTIAL TANK MIXES INCLUDING ADDITIVES AND OTHER PESTICIDES ON ALL CROPS HAS NOT BEEN TESTED. BEFORE APPLYING ANY TANK MIXTURE NOT SPECIFICALLY RECOMMENDED ON THIS LABEL, THE SAFETY TO THE TARGET CROP SHOULD BE CONFIRMED.
Always read and follow label instructions. Not all products are registered for use in every state. Please check with Bayer CropScience or your local Lead State Agency for product registration status. If you wish to find out if a product is registered in your state or for additional product information, send us an email
or call 1-866-99-BAYER.